DERMA SR SKIN PEEL TREATMENT
To ensure you achieve the best possible results from your treatment, we recommend:
Before your appointment:
- Avoid: facial exfoliating including chemical peels, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion and facial waxing for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Avoid: saunas or swimming pools 24 hours prior to your appointment.
During your appointment:
When performing an acid peel, irritation such as reddening of the skin, dandruff, burning or possibly crusting can occur, especially at the beginning. This is usually harmless and only affects the top layer of skin. During the course of your treatment series, over time, these first symptoms decrease as the skin adjusts to the exposure of the acid peel.
After your appointment:
- Apply the moisturising cream as directed by your therapist, the following evening after a professional peel.
- Avoid: Sun exposure for a minimum of 24 hours, and continue to refrain from excessive sun exposure for an additional 8 weeks after your last treatment series.
- It is imperative that you apply a high level of sun protection cream SPF 30 + daily, for the entire duration of your skin treatment series and into the future in order to protect your investment.
- You may reapply your usual makeup the day after the treatment.
Possible side effects or complications:
In rare cases, small oozing wounds and delayed wound healing is possible and in extremely rare cases small scarring can occur. It is therefore very important that you do not scratch, pick or rub the skin on the peeling areas. Please also resist the urge to squeeze pimples. Keep in mind that negligent action can lead to pigment shifts.
Derma SR UV Skin Protection Cream (50ml)$66.50.
If you have further questions, please speak to your beauty therapist for expert advice.