To ensure you achieve the best possible results from your permanent make up treatment, we recommend the following:
Before your appointment
- Avoid: any beauty treatments (peels, botox, tinting, shaping, tanning etc) 2 weeks prior
- It is recommended to lightly exfoliate your brows 48 hours before and hydrate (with water)!
- Avoid: exercising, alcohol, caffeine and anti inflammatories within 24 hours of your
- If you have any blemishes (pimples) in your brow area please let us know, moles cannot be tattooed over
Ideally attend your consultation/first session with your daily makeup look applied
After your appointment
Your newly applied brows might look temporarily dark, defined, big and bold. Your skin around the brows may also be swollen, blanched and blotchy due to anesthetic and trauma. This is very normal and will generally subside within 48 hours. Remember that you are expected to lose 30-50% of the colour/intensity once fully healed.
Day 1-2: Dark and Bold
Day 1: With a cotton bud, sparingly apply the suggested aftercare cream every hour on the day of treatment
Day 2: With a cotton bud, sparingly apply the suggested aftercare cream 2-3 times daily (ie. 8am, 2pm & 8pm)
- It is normal for the tattooed area to feel tight and tender to touch
- Do not apply make up to the procedural area for at least 48 hours, ideally 7 days
- Avoid Sun, sweat, steam and swimming for at least 48 hours, ideally 7 days
Day 3-6: Dry and Flaky
- With a cotton bud, sparingly apply the suggested aftercare cream 2-3 times daily (ie. 8am, 2pm & 8pm)
- The procedural area will begin to flake*, similar to sunburn, it is normal for this flaking to come off unevenly
- Please do not pick, scrub, scratch or itch
* If you have opted for a hairstroke method then flaking may not apply to you
Day 7-28: Normal
- Around day 7 your brows/skin will look visibly healed however please wait until day 28 for the final result to be revealed.
At the second session (4-8 weeks after the first session) we make any necessary adjustments to your brows ie. darkening the colour and filling in missing patches. This session must be completed within 3 months from your initial session, unless prior arrangement has been made. The same aftercare application applies as above, however the procedure won’t initially appear as dark and bold as the initial session.
- This is dependent on the technique used and also the client’s own skin and long term care.
- Eyebrow procedures; nano hairstrokes and combinationcolour boost is recommended between 12-18 months
- Eyebrow procedures; ombre and powder colour boost is recommended between 12-24 months
- Reasons why your permanent make up may need colour boosting more often: use of retinol/vitamin A, oily skin, thyroid condition, exercise frequently, swim in chlorinated pools regularly and do not use sunscreen/sunglasses. Also the lighter the pigment colour selected the quicker it will fade.